If you are looking for a roofer that can do it all, then Albec Roofing LTD is the place to be. We are experts in providing a wide array of roofing services, including flat roofing, tiling & slating, Velux window installation, chimney repair and more! Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.
As we approach the end of the dry summer months, we must make sure that our homes are in top shape for the autumn and winter ahead. This includes our roofs! Today’s blog will discuss why you need to make sure your roof is ready for the cold months, and how you can protect it.
Why Do You Need to Protect Your Roof for Autumn and Winter?
Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home. It is what protects you and your family from the elements! During autumn and winter, the weather can take a turn for the worse. High winds, heavy rain and even snow can damage your roof.
As we have experienced very little rain this summer, it’s easy to forget to check our roofs for leaks or damage. The heat of the sun and heat can damage a roof by making the tiles brittle. So, it is important to check for any cracks or missing tiles. If tiles are damaged or cracked, they can lead to a build-up of mould and mildew in your roof as rainwater can leak through. This can cause significant damage over time and threaten the structural integrity of your home. If you do find damage, it is important to get it repaired as soon as possible by looking for a roofer that can help.
What to Look Out For
When checking your roof, there are a few things you should look out for
-Are any of the tiles cracked or missing?
-Do you see any signs of moss or mould growth?
-Is there any water pooled on the roof or dripping from the gutters?
-Do you see any daylight coming through the roof?
-Are there signs of life in your attic? e.g. bird droppings.
If you notice any of these issues, then it is time to call in a professional. If you are looking for a roofer to help, then look no further than Albec Roofing LTD. We have a team of experienced and qualified roofers who can carry out repairs quickly and efficiently. We also offer free quotes, so you can get an idea of the cost before committing to anything
How Can You Protect Your Roof This Autumn and Winter?
There are several things that you can do to protect your roof during autumn and winter
– Schedule a roof inspection: It is a good idea to have your roof inspected by a professional at least once a year. They will be able to spot any potential problems and carry out repairs before they become an issue.
– Clear away any debris: leaves, twigs and branches can build up on your roof and gutters over time. This debris can prevent water from draining properly and can lead to damage. Make sure to clear away any debris regularly
– Trim overhanging trees: if there are any trees near your home, make sure to trim back any overhanging branches. This will help to prevent them from falling on your roof and causing damage during a storm
– Cover up any exposed pipes: exposed pipes are more likely to freeze over in winter, which can cause them to burst. To prevent this, make sure to cover up any exposed pipes with insulation or a pipe sleeve
– Install gutter guards: gutter guards can help to prevent leaves and debris from clogging up your gutters. This will help to ensure that water can drain properly, preventing any leaks or water damage
Call a roofer! – whilst we may be inclined to do these things ourselves, sometimes it is easier said than done. Getting up onto your roof is very dangerous when you do not have the correct equipment or training. If you have any doubts whatsoever about your ability to complete the task, then be sure to contact a roofer to do this work for you, it’s not worth the risk!
Looking for a Roofer?
If you’re looking for a roofer to help carry out repairs or maintenance, look no further than Albec Roofing LTD. We have over 25 years of experience in the roofing industry and our team of qualified roofers are based in Worthing and the surrounding areas. We offer free quotes and our rates are very competitive. Our friendly and experienced team will work with you to ensure that your roof is protected and ready for the months ahead. We are very proud of the service we provide and believe that our team provide exemplary customer service and roofing services.
By following these tips, you can help to protect your roof this autumn and winter. If you are looking for a roofer that can help, then please do not hesitate to contact us today. We offer free quotes and roof inspections, so we can assess the condition of your roof and provide you with a competitive quote for any repairs that may be needed. Contact us today on 01969 845359 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be more than happy to discuss your roofing needs for you and help to protect your home.
Article: Phoenix Marketing